Honestly I could have done a little better but I am still really proud of myself!
- Worked out five days last week – a day more than my goal yayyy!
- Stuck to “good” snacks when I got hungry like hummus, protein shakes with unsweetened almond milk, light popcorn
- Really limited my sweet tooth!
The Not So Good:
- Drank too much Saturday night – booooo – but it was a needed night out with my gal pals and I only go out like that once in a great while so I think I can give myself a break! As long as it doesn’t become a habit, it’s good to let off some steam every so often!
- I think I could have pushed myself a little harder at the gym but I still had good workouts and am inspired to continue going and push myself more this week.
- Ate out 3 times instead of my goal of 2. A sub (lots of veggies!) on Weds. night, salad for lunch on Friday and pizza Friday night. But it was Friday….and it was pizza….and the sub and salad were’t too bad so one pizza night isn’t going to kill me.
Now I want to be clear because some of that sounds like excuses. I have been pretty hard on myself in the past and I found that it was only discouraging and made me feel worse. I told myself that as I embraced a healthier lifestyle, I wouldn’t beat myself up if I slipped up. We’re only human people! Plus pizza will never stop being delicious so you kinda have to have a slice every once in a while.
- I didn’t apply to ANY jobs -______- This one I have no excuse for. My only remedy is to make good on my goal this week. If I went two weeks without meeting the goal that would be embarrassing so here’s to my rockin’ resume!
Week 2 Goals!
- Work out 4 times this week. Now ideally, I would move it up to 5 since I did well with 5 last week but I am going to FLORIDAAAA this weekend so I’m going to stick with 4 🙂
- Don’t go too crazy on vacation! There will obviously be drinking but I really want to try and make healthier choices food-wise. It’s always harder on vacation because you have less control over what you’re eating and way more choices than a regular day. So my goal is to encourage myself and my family to make the healthier choices while we’re out painting Orlando red!
- Apply to 5 jobs as noted above.
- Not eat out at all until I go on vacay. This means I’m making breakfast, lunch and dinner until Friday!
- Take my greens every day – and don’t forget when I’m on vacay! These are Greens and they’re awesome. EIGHT servings of fruits and veggies in one serving! Aw yea.
I think that’ll be it for now. As some of these goals start becoming part of my regular routine, I want to think of fun new goals…ideas anyone? I’ll give it a little more thought and keep y’all updated 🙂
Some new tips coming tomorrow! Here’s a list from Buzzfeed to keep you occupied until then: “Healthy” Foods w/ More Sugar Than a Snickers Bar!
Here’s to livin’ the dream,