So in order to make 2014 my bitch, I’m going to need to set some goals. HOORAY. Sometimes thinking of making goals makes me feel gross like oh great, I have to actually try to accomplish something. But such is life and I’m not going to get anywhere if I don’t try, right!? I’ll probably add more goals down the road but here goes it for now:
- Lose weight! I was thinking of putting a number here but I’m not going to do that. I want to BE healthy and of course I want to lose pounds but I don’t want to focus too much on a number rather than incorporating an all around, better, healthier lifestyle.
- Get outta debt! I was very lucky to have generous parents who were able to pay for my college but I still worked full time and that kind of meant I had a little more disposable money than the average bear. I actually didn’t but I thought I was a baller so…YEA -_____- It’s nothing crazy! But still, I would like to buy a house in the next few years so being debt free and having a bundle of savings would be pretty rad. Another part of this is taking on a new $$$ making opportunity with an MLM health & wellness company. More on that soon!
- Adopt a healthier lifestyle! It seems like every day I read a new article on the crazy chemicals they put in food so I’m moving towards a more organic, “clean eating,” lifestyle. I’d like to drink less pop (soda, coke, whatever you wanna call it), eat less dairy (almond milk instead of regular, veggie shreds instead of pasteurized, processed cheese, etc.), consume more vitamins and good for you grains like quinoa, brown rice, etc. instead of my favorite delicious load of white bread from the Kroger bakery.
- Stay in better touch with people! Moving away from the place I called home for over 24 years has made it a little harder to keep in touch with my fam! I can’t hop in the car and drive up North or to Grand Rapids to see family for the weekend. I can’t drive to downtown Detroit on a whim for an awesome night out and see friends I haven’t seen in a while. Plus my awesome sista and brotha live in Colorado and Florida so there’s that. SO ANYWAYS write more letters, emails, funny pictures and fun stuff!
- I swear I had more goals when I was thinking about making this post but these seem most important for now.
I’m still getting the hang of this blog thang and I don’t want to write a ton of super long posts soo read the next one for my weekly goals! I know you’re excited!
Here’s to livin’ the dream!