To help keep myself on track for my yearly goals, I am going to start making weekly goals!
- Go to the gym at least 4 times this week! I’ve been going to the gym on and off for about a month but I need to stay consistent.
- Only eat out a max 2X this week. It kinda sucks cooking for one, just throwing it out there! I do love to cook once I get going but it’s a pain in the ass to figure out how much food will be too much and by the time I get home it’s already 7pm or later and I don’t want to cook for an hour and eat at eight. But those are also just excuses…. awkward…. So through this whole thing, I will be trying out new recipes and ways to cook ahead of time and try to get on track with cooking at home (and therefore saving $$$ too!).
- Get my business page thing up and running. Remember when I said I had just taken on a new money making opportunity? Well an ole’ friend from summer camp reached out to me about this health and wellness company, It Works! I know I use a lot of exclamation points but that one is actually part of the logo so get used to it. Moving on…I was skeptical at first but she talked me into it and now I’m in it so I need to embrace the opportunity and make the most of it! The more I hear and learn about their products, the more I’m hooked so bear with me friends! I will report my progress and such with the different products on this here blog too, so if you ever see or hear anything you’d like more information about, let me know!
- Drink smarter, not more. Usually I only go out about one weekend night a week and I try to stick to vodka/soda but sometimes there are shots (especially Fireball, a personal fav) and one night out can end up costing a LOT of calorie so if I do go out this weekend, I will do my best to stick to the basics!
- Apply for five jobs. It’s no secret that I’ve been (slowly but surely!) trying to find a job back in MI. I really do enjoy my current job and I’ve grown to like it even more but I would like to eventually get back to muh roots! Despite the ups and downs, I will never look at my time in Memphis as a bad thing and I’ve come to love the city. But as they say, “there’s no place like home!” As I’m sure most of you know, trying to find a job is a long and grueling process. Updating your resume, linkedin, writing a cover letter for every position you want to apply for, googling your name to make sure nothing bad pops up, you get it. Another painful but necessary task of life!
It’s actually been an eye opening and confidence boosting process for me. Having to think back at all that I’ve accomplished in the past few years has allowed me to step outside of the box and look at it from an outside perspective so that’s cool!
Stay tuned for some tips!
Here’s to livin’ the dream,